Fighting talk between The Philippines and China, and the Sammi Cheng (郑秀文) and Andy Hui (许志安) love story are among the most talked about topics on China’s Twitter clone, Sina Weibo, on Tuesday.
1. The Philippines has refused to recognize China’s fishing ban in northern parts of the South China Sea, which includes the controversial Huangyan Island. Manila said it will issues its own ban, while the start date and area is as yet undecided.
2. Hong Kong media reported that Sammi Cheng and Andy Hui have set aside three months, from September to November, and plan to register their marriage outside Hong Kong.
3. Some cosmetic products are found to contain an excessive amount of mercury, 60,000 times above the legal level.
4. Zhang Lili (张丽莉), a female teacher in Heilongjiang province, lost both of her legs while trying to save students from a bus that went out of control, outside the school, last Tuesday.
5. Chinese netizens keep a close eye on the 2012 NBA playoffs with heated discussions carried on in internet chatrooms.